The Niagara Tourism & Convention Corporation's new online training program provides our Niagara USA hospitality and tourism community with the knowledge and tools needed to enhance visitor experiences by educating them on our destination's tourism product and customer service designed specifically for our visitor. Watch the video below and learn more about EXP Niagara!
- EXPand your customer service knowledge
- Exceed visitor EXPectations
- Become a Niagara USA EXPert in order to...
- Create the best visitor EXPerience
The program is currently comprised of six video-based programs which are housed on an e-campus and can be accessed from any computer, tablet or mobile device. Total training time is approximately one hour.
- (1) Welcome to EXP introduction video
- (2) Visitor Services Training Videos customized to meet the needs of our visitor demographic
- "These Visitors are Everywhere!"
- "Welcoming the World"
- (3) Destination Education videos all specifically themed around Niagara USA's tourism product
- "Go with the Flow - Niagara USA's Waterways"
- "Niagara USA: Home to History"
- "Sip, Shop and Play throughout Niagara USA"
Research shows that positive experiences with visitor-facing staff are critical to driving repeat visits and positive word of mouth. By members of the Niagara USA hospitality and tourism community becoming Certified EXP Pros, your business will contribute to positively effecting the visitor experience in the destination.
Participant benefits include:
- Lapel pins and completion certificates for Certified EXP Pros
- Recognition in the Niagara USA Travel Guide and on niagara-usa.com with EXP Niagara logo placed next to the business' listing
- A chance to win randomly drawn $100 VISA gift cards once per month, and two $500 VISA gift cards drawn twice per year from the database of Certified EXP Pros
What is the cost of the program?
EXP Niagara is FREE to all Niagara County hospitality and tourism partners. The cost for the program has been generously underwritten by the Niagara Tourism & Convention Corporation (NTCC).
How do I sign up for EXP Niagara?
Because EXP Niagara is housed on a web-based e-campus, participation requires a username and password for each person to access the site.
Here's what we will need from you:
- Designate a contact person from your organization to work with the NTCC contact and facilitate employee participation
- Determine the best way for employees to sign up
- Employee Email Addresses - use this option only if everyone on your staff has an email address
- Create your own usernames and passwords - you will create logins and passwords for each employee on your staff
- Complete an Excel spreadsheet that will be provided to you by your NTCC contact with the information above which will be imported to the e-campus to gain access to the program.
I'm interested! What are the next steps?
Learn more by contacting Lana Perlman, Director of Visitor Services, via phone, 716-282-8992 x316 or email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the following partners for committing their teams and successfully completing this incredibly worthwhile online training program:
- American Niagara Hospitality
- City of Niagara Falls Community Policing Liaison
- City of Niagara Falls Economic Development
- Comfort Inn 'The Pointe'
- Cornerstone Ice Arena
- Flight of Five Winery
- Gorgeview Hostel
- Greater Lockport Development Corporation
- Lakeview Village Shoppes
- Lockport Heritage District Corporation
- Lockport Main Street
- Quality Inn & Suites
- Red Maple Inn
- Wingate by Wyndham